Monday 27 September 2010

Boy meets TREE. Says 'Hello'.


Well, the constant pressure has got to me and I've succumbed (I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY EWAN). This is the first post on my blog, which I'm aiming to use as a brain dump for whatever's in my head, and whatever I'm working on. This will include the odd sketch/painting (I love to draw and paint, and so I'm trying to teach myself to be better at it), along with the various flash projects that I'm allowed to show, and my upcoming game projects which will probably be done in Unity3D.

So! The first post. A throwaway painting of a boy meeting a tree in a desolate landscape bathed in the warm glows of sunset. It's my first real attempt at a painting in Painter 11, the demo of which I downloaded last week, and I've got to say I really enjoy using it. The bristles on the brushes and blenders are so much fun to use - I'm going to have some big decisions to make once the licence runs out!

It's not like I have money to spare at the moment having just forked out for Unity3 v3 last night. I've never spent so much money on software before and it was TERRIFYING (+25% tax!). Still, in terms of this blog though, it'll force me to do more regular updates on all these games that I should be building! Onwards and upwards..

3 comments:

  1. Here's to a fantastic blog - one that I shall probabaly follow for many many years to come.
    I'm quite serious Kev - I'm here to steal all your best ideas!
    ... and you were banging on about how bad your first post was going to be. This is great!

    Ewan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous! I am also watching like a hawk. For every day you do not update this blog I will destroy you utterly.

    Really great painting!!!

    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there'd been posts (thanks Google!) but wow, my first comments! Thanks for the support guys, I'll try not to let the enthusiasm wane, but things risk getting fragmented as I pursue projects across flash, illustration AND Unity. At the back of my mind I've still got this concept for a point'n'click engine. Logen Ninefingers needs his own game!

    Ewan, we risk throwing the universe into chaos with an endless feedback loop - I've been pillaging your blog for ideas since it's inception!

    ReplyDelete